Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Titan {6 Months Old}

Well better late than never right! Maybe its because I am still in denial that this sweet lil guy is already 1/2 a year old or maybe its the fact that I feel like some form of over exhausted pigeon most of the time! Regardless this month was BIG for little Titan! The day after Christmas at a week shy of 6 months old this guy decided rolling about the house wasn't enough entertainment and up and army crawled his way across the living room!!!!! WHAT! I was beside myself and then started thinking well really this isn't all that bad because now he can entertain himself a little... entertain on one hand and on the other we bursted straight into panic mode trying to baby proof everything because it didn't take long before he was into EVERYTHING!!!! He is definitely curious about the world around him and loves to discover every little thing (including the crumbs left under the kitchen table sigh) While him being mobile so early has been an adjustment I am glad he is figuring things out just wish he had waited a month or so haha! Titan is the world's worst sleeper it seems... I give him a little credit because who wants to miss out on all the excitement... not him! He naps okay most days but then others we get 30-40 minutes at a time and I long for the days he naps 2 hours at a time with an intense crave! His nighttime sleep is meager too.... still experiencing the newborn stretches as he is up every 2 1/2 to 3 hours... we are working on making those a bit longer as sometimes he allows me to plop the binky back in his mouth and sneak out of the room like a ninja mom! Other times I nurse him back to sleep and still sneak out like a ninja mom! Oh and we moved him to his crib (q sad momma tears) maybe that is why he doesn't sleep well he misses me too haha! But it has been nice to have our room back and I think I just need to adjust to creeping down the cold dark hallway and Titan needs to adjust to being in his own room- I keep saying he will get the hang of it so please tell me i'm not wrong! Titan started eating solids this month... I tried rice cereal back around 5 months or so but he got sick and then refused that stuff so we were back to just momma milk for another month. We added oatmeal to the mix and even some fruits and he is thinking life is pretty awesome now! Some days he will eat it willingly and others we play a little sneaky game of make the baby smile so big and hurry and shove the concoction in his mouth!!! It works most the time but he is still getting used to solids for sure. Titan likes to sit in his exersaucer and watch his brothers like a hawk... he chews on everything in sight so I am pretty sure I should be cloroxing like a hawk. He has started to suck on his thumb and I try to stop him which he thinks is pretty funny! He loves to sit and read books---- drool on the pages---- look at the pictures same thing right haha! He is pretty fond of his daddy and gets excited to see him at the end of the work day. He loves to stand and bounce so the jumper is a pretty fun activity center for him. Titan is wearing some 3-6 month but moving into more 6 month since he is slowly getting too tall for his 3-6 month pants. We got to the pediatrician next week so I am interested to see how much has as grown in the past month. Titan is our sweet and sassy little baby! He loves to voice his opinion and makes a goat screaming noise when he wants attention- its pretty funny and a little disturbing how such a small guy can make such a distorted sound with his voice! We sure love this happy little guy- he is seriously such a happy baby and his giggles make us all swoon! His smiles are contagious especially when he smiles with his handsome eyes <3 We are excited-and i'd be lying if i didn't say sad to see him continue growing this next month.... time is flying slow down little love!

No comments:

Post a Comment