Friday, May 20, 2011

Summer- sortof

Well summer is here but the nice weather is not :( sad day! It has snowed and rained all this week which has been a bummer. I hope it gets warm very soon. So a little bit of an update is called for. I started my first summer session of classes on monday of this week and so far not too bad. I am taking two online FCSC classes for my minor in Child and Family Studies. The classes are Intimate Relationships and Family Relationships and I can already tell they are going to be fabulously interesting. Mark has moved over to working for a guy named Lou who does sprinkler systems. Mikey his boss will be taking over the business in July and he needed to send too hard working guys over to learn the ins and outs of the business and Mark was one of the choosen ones ;) So far he likes the job and is enjoying digging 7 ft. holes and I am ever so enjoying the mounds of mud that come home on him every night haha! So pretty much we are just working and going to school. I also got a job as a research assistant in the Developmental Psychology department for the summer where i will be working with the local kids in the day care and preschools doing the social categorization project. I am very excited to begin the data collection on monday and excited to get some of those research credits out of the way for grad school acceptance. Mark is also playing on his boss's softball team and is in the summer league here in laramie so that should be very eventful and fun to attend his games. Sam's farwell is coming up very soon and we will be going home for that .. we are so excited for her to go on her mission but we will miss her very much. Mark and I were just saying the other day that it was so weird not having her around because she was always at our house which we really enjoyed. She is a spunky spirit and we know she will be an amazing missionary!
Anyway not much except for that... so excited to see our new nephew Ian next weekend too! he is too cute! We love him already :)

2 comments:

  1. i love this post! hope it stops snowing though.. its raining here! brrrr! anyway i love you and i can't wait to see you next weekend =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brandy you are so cute! I love your blog!!! It is awesome!

    ReplyDelete