Sunday, January 19, 2014

8 months old today!

Easton turned 8 months old today and Mark and I are absolutely smitten about this age! Yes, of course it is sad he is growing up so fast but he is the funniest most amazing little character and we are soo in love! It is so fun to watch him grow more and more independent although that means he is getting to where he needs me less and less. It is fun to watch him army crawl across the room to play with his toys and we enjoy watching him stumble along the furniture. He is always trying to pull himself up on any piece of furniture, he loves to walk along the couches and around our ottoman. At the same time he is quick to take a break from being on his own and wants to reconnect and cuddle like never before. I don't think I have ever felt so much love in all my lifetime as I do when I am hanging out with my husband and our sweet Easton boy. I wish I could bottle up this incredible feeling I have and share it with all of you, but chances are, if you’re a parent, you know already know EXACTLY what I’m talking about! All of the 8 month milestones are blowing me away! A few months ago, we gave Easton gerber baby puffs and yogurt bites to teach him how to feed himself. At first, it was so sweet watching him chase around one little puff with his fingers, trying to figure out how the heck to grab it off his high chair’s tray. Once he grabbed it, he didn’t know what to do with it. Was he supposed to squeeze it or shake it like a rattle? With a little guidance, he finally put it in his mouth, and his eyes widened at the feeling of a new textured food. Now a month or so later he is getting really efficient at feeding himself a mid-morning snack. We have tested out a few other soft table and finger foods too. Whew, boy…they’re A LOT messier than his puffs or simply breastfeeding for that matter!
Probably the biggest change is how mobile Easton has become. He loves sitting, twisting around, reaching forward, bending all the way backwards, going up on his knees to grab a toy (although he needs help with this still), and changing his direction on the floor while on his belly. Easton has begun to think he is some kind of big boy or something. Last night he bailed from the couch onto the floor and looked at us like he was completely old enough to do so. He also tries to go from couch to couch and even from our couch to the ottoman- a good two and a half feet away. This kid is all over the place! I am so excited to watch him put all the pieces of the puzzle together and learn to crawl and walk ! At the same time, I’m fully aware that my life is about to get a lot more difficult!
Easton is a whopping 17 lbs 1 oz and is about 26 5/8 inches long. Looks can be deceiving though because he is still in the 25% for weight and 46% for height. He is getting some chunky little thighs and daddy and mommy really like to listen to his sweet giggles when we nibble on them or tickle him. Easton is a gabby boy! He is always talking up a storm and telling us some kind of story. We sure wish he could talk so that he could tell us all the exciting things he seems to know! We love our little goober and are so happy he is in our family. He makes life just so much better! Happy 8 months Easton :)

1 comment: