Thursday, February 27, 2014
New Adventures
It has been a couple of crazy weeks around here. We have been waiting and waiting to hear back about graduate school and were actually planning on making a 13 hour drive to Fargo, ND this weekend for another interview. Early this afternoon we emailed a lady professor who Mark knows fairly well through his job and asked when the letters should be out and if they would be out in time for us to not have to drive to another interview. She told us that the letters were to be out today and gave him an inside scoop that he was on the acceptance list. Sure enough we got his letter of acceptance later that afternoon. A rouse of emotions came over us as we found out Mark would be starting UW's Counselor Education program this coming June 2014. We are beyond excited and grateful for all the prayers and support sent his way as we went through this long process of interviewing and waiting to hear back. I am so so proud of Mark for all the hard work he has put in over the past 4 1/2 years and for doing so well at the interview. I knew he could get into school and am proud to be his wife. Easton and I appreciate him more and more everyday as he works to provide for our family and works intently at school to get that much closer to the "real world job". We are enthusiastic about this new adventure and can finally see the end in sight. Two years will go by quickly and I know I speak for Mark when I say, "We are ready to be done with school!"
Among that Easton has had a few little adventures of his own! He started crawling up the stairs this week agh! He surprised us both when I put a plate of cookies on the third step that I was taking to a neighbor and turned around and he was nibbling on one! The next day he followed me up the entire flight of stairs. Time to get a baby gate! He is getting sooo big! I cannot believe how many things he is accomplishing and how brave he is. He has started to lean at farther distances to the couch and the coffee table which scares mommy to death! We are still in the "bumpin and brusin" stage for sure. Easton also got to start eating cheese and yogurt and loves it! Im not sure how much longer he will be able to muster the tummy strength to eat his baby food- he has started to turn up his nose and purse his lips when I attempt to feed him most of it. He would definitely rather have real table food!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment