Monday, February 1, 2016

Propose-a-Versary

6 years ago today Mark proposed in the sweetest way possible and from then on life got more sweet for me! Looking back it was the perfect night! I had just finished practice with the University of Wyoming Track & Field team (yes I once could run super fast with out a stroller ;)) and Mark texted me asking if I wanted to go get some dinner. I came home and took a quick shower an threw on some sweats. Much to my display my sister convinced me to wear some cute jeans and heals instead haha.... I was not in the mood but I obliged. Mark showed up at our apartment with a bouquet of purple daisies (my favorite!) and I was slightly confused by paid no attention. He said he knew I had a rough day at practice (I was injured) and so he wanted to do something to cheer me up... it worked by the way (if mark is reading this take note hehe). So off to Applebees we went. We ate a delicious meal and headed back to the car. Mark went to the trunk after opening my door- again confused by I paid not a second thought to his weird behavior. He brought back a big bag and said this was my early Valentines Day present as he was going home over Valentine's weekend. We went back to my apartment which was conveniently vacant (where had my sister and roommate gone?? who knows but they were gone and we were alone). I opened the gift bag and found a digital photo frame. We plugged it in and for the next 10-15 minutes we reminisced with pictures of us from the day we started dating to our first real date up until around the time that this night was occurring. Pictures flowed before us as evidence of our October- February time together. WE had some laughs and I was basically in love with him at this point I mean I guess I was ;) It was such a sweet gift and I gave him a kiss to tell him so. As I got up to put the frame on the entertainment center I turned around abruptly to find my handsome boy friend on one knee, ring in hand, grin on his face and I about fainted! Actually thats a lie I yelled "I have to pee!" Mark was not very enthralled by this statement and said can it wait... nervous I said no but stayed to enjoy the show anyway ;) He said in that deep smooth voice of his "Brandy Lynn will you marry me" I started crying and immediately leaped into his arms and after that beautiful huge sparkling rock! He told me I had to say yes before I could have it but I felt silly because he already knew my answer. I said Yes and we have lived happily ever after :) That seems like so long ago.... two babies, six years ago I got engaged to be married to my best friend. I'm so lucky to have such an awesome hunk of a man to share this beautiful adventure with. Happy propose-a-versary Markus! Love you more everyday baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment